Friday 7 June 2013

Blog Intro

This blog is intended to record my journey into Triathlon and to share some of my experiences along the way.
I took the decision last year that I would focus my efforts more into Triathlon rather than the Duathlons I had been doing previously. This no doubt has also been spurred on by the fact that the World Age Group Championships are being held in London this year and provide a great opportunity for my family to come along and support me.
I have always liked a challenge and learning to swim any sort of distance has definitely been one of the hardest I have undertaken yet. With the help of Adam Gibson at GreenlightPT it’s now finally coming together. Cycling has seemed to have progressed quite naturally which I am most grateful of and if it continues this way I will have no complaints. My running however has always been a funny one for me as the progression seems to be halted by one thing or another, mainly a lingering cough. I’ve felt I’ve never really achieved my potential in this discipline but having such a great training group (in particular David Connell & Darren Preston) that encourage me along the way, I am hoping in 2013 it may just be possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment